BREVARD ZOO'S MISSION:
"Wildlife Conservation Through Education and Participation"
...it's more than a slogan at Brevard Zoo!
Our keepers with puppets from environmental education suitcase they purchased for Congo Project.
We actively support local and international wildlife conservation projects. Since 2001, we have awarded more than $435,000 in grants to conservation projects around the world. Thanks to our Quarters for Conservation program and YOU! - 25 cents from every Zoo admission goes to support these vital programs. As visitors to the Zoo, we encourage you to vote on the projects that interest you most. To learn more about Quarters for Conservation, CLICK HERE
QUARTERS FOR CONSERVATION
Since 2011, your visit and votes have raised over $110,000 for conservation!
In 2013, Quarters for Conservation funded the following projects:
- Local Monofilament Recovery and Recycling Program - $4,620
- Rainforest Rescue – Orangutan Program - $2,940
- Avian Research and Conservation Institute – Swallow Tailed Kite Program - $2,940
- Pantanal Giant Armadillo Project - $4,147
- Proyecto Tití – Cotton Topped Tamarin Program - $5,863
- Lowland Tapir Conservation Initiative - $4,290
- International Iguana Foundation - Roatán Spiny-tailed Iguana Program - $2,010
- Turtle Survival Alliance - Hicatee Turtle Research Program - $2,211
- Local Diamondback Terrapin Conservation Initiatives - $2,479
- Hornbill Research Foundation - $1,500
- Saola Working Group - $2,000
- International Rhino Foundation – Asian Rhinoceros Program - $2,000
CONSERVATION GUEST SPEAKERS
Would you like to learn more about a Brevard Zoo conservation project? Have the Zoo come to you!
CLICK HERE to download a guest speaker application.
Please note, Brevard Zoo is able to provide a limited number of off-site presentations. Only applications that demonstrate a strong match in curriculum, goals or mission will be considered.
If you are interested in one of Brevard Zoo’s Education programs including program animal presentations, please contact the Brevard Zoo Education Registrar at 321.254.9453 x219.
Join us in supporting the companies who are members of Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), helping to make a difference for wild Orangutans. Click Here for the newest Palm Oil Shopping Guide.